Monday, May 16, 2011

Omniscience


God knowing all things (being omniscient), even how we have wronged Him, still does not condemn us.  It actually empowers us to go out and be confident in His love.  We can rest in His knowing, we can trust in His knowing, we can hope in His knowing.  We can do this knowing that he knew exactly what needed to take place for our atonement to be fulfilled.  We take this confidence, knowledge, and hope to the world who does not know this and share his love with them.  

I John 3
19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God

God sees all, the good, the bad, the ugly.  He not only looks upon us with a cold knowledge, but with the love of One who has created all and longs to draw all who He created close to Him.
Psalm 33
13 From heaven the LORD looks down
   and sees all mankind;
14 from his dwelling place he watches
   all who live on earth—
15 He who forms the hearts of all,
   who considers everything they do.

Before time began for anyone, for you, and me, He knew us.  He knew our ways and our actions.  God exists outside of time and is able to see all things.  He is the beginning and the end and since He is, He is currently at the beginning and the end.  It is mind boggling, but wonderful. 
Psalm 139
13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.

What a wonderful God.  He is greater than we can explain and yet is willing to reveal Himself to us so that we may have a relationship with Him.  He reveals Himself to us so that we may know the He is the truth, He is what is right, He is in control.  We can trust and rest in that and know that when we don’t know…He knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment